Translation Project Manager
Global Connects is one of the leading providers of language solutions in the UK. We provide a full range of interpreting and translation services to clients in both the public and private sectors. Continuing growth in our business means we are now seeking a talented individual to join our Translation Project Management team.
About the Role
Global Connects is looking for a Translation Project Manager with previous experience in the language industry. This is a great opportunity for any candidates wishing to progress their career in the translation industry and gain experience from a professional team who have been working in the industry for a number of years.
The role would be Glasgow-based in our city centre office with an option for partial home working once fully trained. The successful candidate would receive dedicated training from experienced professionals and integration into the company working on the full project cycle from quotation stage to invoicing.
The hours of work are 8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, the salary would be confirmed based on experience. Accrued holidays would also be available.
- Previous project management experience (at least 6 months), ideally in the language industry
- Degree in a language related field
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages
- Ability to work in a fast-paced process-driven environment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to interact successfully with a wide range of stakeholders, many with limited availability and understanding of project workflows and processes
- Ability to create productive relationships with all team members and external suppliers
Global Connects would offer full training in all areas of the translation business including, but not limited to:
- Successful Project Management practices including comprehensive Quality Assurance procedures
- Client & linguist communications
- MemoQ – including TM management and glossary creation
- Project Management systems
- Translator recruitment
- Invoicing and billing process.
What we expect from the successful candidate:
- Dedication to learning from an experienced Project Management team
- Commitment to helping Global Connects fulfil client expectations and provide high quality translation services
- Listening to instructions and taking direction from the Project Management Team
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Adherence to all security, health & safety and quality policies Global Connects have in place.
Please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Freelance DTP Typesetter
Global Connects are looking for a multi-lingual DTP typesetter to work in various file formats including InDesign. Must have a proven track record of typesetting large scale multi-lingual projects. Disclosure / CBS check is an advantage.
Please send your CV and details of experience to email@example.com.
Translators and Interpreters
Global Connects are always on the lookout for qualified and experienced translators and interpreters to join our team. Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.